Store DescriptionLiberate the Earth in XCOM Legends, a brand new mobile turn-based RPG! Assume control of XCOM, one of the last resistance groups on the planet, and lead the charge to take back Earth from the tyrannical alien invaders known as ADVENT.
Twenty years have passed since Earth surrendered to the alien invaders. By the time we realized the alien threat, the war was already over and humanity was lost. To exterminate the last of the resistance fighters, the aliens have unleashed an untold, ancient evil.
I’m currently the Design Lead on XCOM Legends, a AAA free2play mobile RPG published by 2K Games.
From concept to production to launch, I’ve been leading internal creative decisions according to vision & product goals. I’m mentoring a team of 6+ designers in the creation of hit-driven systems and mechanics for said unannounced game, being ultimately accountable for all things design – from meta systems and the economy to the action phase.
- Execute on the vision & lead internal creative decision making
- Create, review, approve and challenge design concepts and specs
- Lead the design and UI/UX team of the project to reach established product goals
- Collaborate with the creative team (Art) on the project for approval, delegation, direction on product requirements
- Consult with product, developers, artists and QA to iterate on and improve existing features according to business impact
- Work with other leads of the project to triage feature & content, scope vs. quality and budget
- Work closely with the publisher, leads & stakeholders to ensure that the creative direction meets the high product expectations and continually refine and adjust the product roadmap to ensure the highest quality and ROI for the title.
- Update & mentor the team and company internally via show and tells on the project and genre status
Additionally I’m the acting Vision Keeper on the Project:
- Own and communicate the vision of the game towards the stakeholders and the team
- Support & challenge the team to share a common vision of the games look & feel, creative approach, overall style and quality goal
- Ensure the vision is matching the defined parameter like target group, style, level of violence, etc.
- Communicate awareness for the commercial & market appeal of vision and direction
- Review concepts and designs regarding vision fit