Fang Runner is a Web3 endless runner game that’s connected to the Ethereum Network (Blockchain). Players can connect their cryptocurrency wallet (e.g. MetaMask) to the game – if they own NFTs (ERC-20 Token) from the Fang Gang collection, they can compete in weekly leaderboards for various prizes by reaching community high-scores.
Standout Accomplishment: Managed to program and release a full game in 2 weeks, in time for the release of the NFT collection.
- Client: Awoo Studios (Fang Gang)
- My Role: Design, Programming
- Timeframe: October 2021
- Platform: Web (Desktop & Mobile)
- Technology Used: Unity, Microsoft Azure PlayFab, Ethereum, Nethereum (.NET Library), MetaMask, WebGL
The founders of Fang Gang approached me in early October 2021 for a NFT Collection they wanted to release end of October 2021. The idea was to have an endless runner released at the same time
The game was rolled out in two phases:
- October 7th, 2021: Initial discussions begin.
- October 16th, 2021:
- October 24th, 2021: Full crypto-wallet integration and in-game online leaderboards
The year was 2021. A new game called Three Two Pix took over New Fang City and every Fangster in town got addicted to it. Banks were no longer robbed, Piggies wandered free and the fang sharpener business went bankrupt… Streets were empty… Every single Fangster was sitting inside playing. Until one day… The whole city was sucked into the game and every Fangster became a 32px version of itself.